Journals of Interest
- ACS Chemical Biology
- Angewandte Chemie, International Edition in English
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology
- Cell Host and Microbe
- Chemistry and Biology
- Current Opinion in Chemical Biology
- Journal of the American Chemical Society
- Organic Letters
- Nature Biotechnology
- Nature Chemistry
- Nature Chemical Biology
- Nature Reviews Drug Discovery
- Nature Structural and Molecular Biology
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the USA (PNAS)
- Trends in Biotechnology
Useful Scientific Resources
- RCSB PDB: the Protein Data Bank
- ExPASy: the SIB (Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics) Resource Portal
- ExPASy Translate: a tool for translating nucleotide sequence into protein sequence.
- ProtParam: a tool that allows computation of physicochemical properties for proteins.
- NCBI – PubMed: reference search tool maintained by National Center for Biotechnology Information
- NCBI – BLAST: the NCBI Basic Local Alignment Search Tool.
- JGI/IMG: genome browsing and annotation platform maintained by U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- BRENDA: comprehensive enzyme information system
- CODEHOP: tool for designing degenerate primers.
- HHPred: homology detection and structure prediction tool from Max-Planck Institute.
- PhyRe: automatic fold recognition server for predicting structure/function from protein sequence.
Natural Product Prediction
- antiSMASH: open source program for antibiotic & secondary metabolite prediction from genes
- multiGENEblast: open source tool for identification of homologs of multigene modules
- NaPDoS: tool for detection and analysis of C- and KS-domains from DNA or amino acid sequence
- PKS/NRPS Analysis: domain analysis and prediction for PKSs and NRPSs
- Norine: database of non-ribosomal peptides and tools for analysis
- ProOpDB: Prokaryotic Operon DataBase, a repository of prokaryotic operon predictions
- DOOR: database of prokaryotic operons
- PPO: predictor for prokaryotic operons
- DBTBS: a database of transcriptional regulation in Bacillus subtilis
- BPROM: bacterial promoter prediction program